Rowenta PU6010 Intense Pure Air Review
Rowenta PU6010 Intense Pure Air 800-Square Feet Air Purifier with 4-Filters Including HEPA Filter and Formaldehyde-Free Technology and Odor Eliminator, 29-Inch, White
Made with the most advanced filter technology, Rowenta PU6010 Intense Pure Air, guarantees that the air inside your home stays fresh and pure. While most of the air purifiers advertised in the market ensures odour and contaminant removal, few of them actually perform a satisfactory job and fewer still are equipped with features capable of intense air purification inside homes. Though it’s established that pollutants are present in busy cities and industrial areas, not many people know that pollutants are actually present inside their homes too. In fact, recent researches conducted by EPA indicate that our indoor environment is 2-5 times more toxic than the outdoors. This poses a real risk to our health, especially for asthmatics and people with low immune system. Rowenta PU6010 Intense Air eliminates this risk by filtering even the finest contaminant particles from virus to bacteria and even the most harmful indoor contaminant – formaldehyde.
Rowenta PU6010 Features
- Unique Nano-capture Technology: A feature that sets Rowenta PU6010 apart from other air purifiers is its nano-capture technology that is capable of destroying formaldehyde. According to the World Health Organization or WHO, this colourless, flammable gas is the most harmful indoor pollutant present in homes. Formaldehyde is often used in the production of various household products (glues, dishwashing liquid, fabric softeners, etc.) and building materials as well as some cosmetics and medicine which makes it highly abundant in homes. While we are exposed to small amounts of formaldehyde, prolonged exposure can cause adverse effects in humans due to its carcinogenic tendency. To destroy this harmful contaminant, the probe molecules present on the porous NanoCaptur granules exclusively reacts with formaldehyde causing a chemical reaction that completely destroys it and forms a new neutral molecule.
- True HEPA Filtration System: Rowenta PU6010’s High efficiency particulate air (HEPA) Filtration Sytem boasts an impressive 99.97% filter efficiency for contaminant particles around 0.3 µm. This genuine HEPA filter system is capable of capturing pollutants such as dust, pollen, pet dander, molds and even viruses and bacteria. It is a feature that’s highly critical in the prevention of airborne viruses and bacteria that may cause allergies and pulmonary diseases. People who suffer from asthma and allergies can greatly benefit from this. Furthermore, this filter can last up to three years.
- Active Carbon Filter: This feature of Rowenta PU6010 Intense Pure Air HEPA Air Purifier is responsible for the elimination of disgusting house odours and some harmful toxins such as paint fumes and gases. This is achieved through the highly adsorbent pores present in the filter system that forms chemical bond with these pollutants that causes them to be trapped or filtered. The Active Carbon Filter also pre-cleans the air before it enters the HEPA Filtration system for a more efficient air purification process. This filter also only needs to be replaced once a year.
- Built-in Indicators: This Rowenta Air Purifier is equipped with built-in filter indicators that “blink” when the HEPA filter and the Active Carbon filter needs to be changed. This feature takes into account the usage-length of the air purifier as well as the amount of pollution present in the air.
- 4 Air-flow Setting: Built with the user’s comfort in mind, Rowenta PU6010 Intense Air is equipped with four Air-flow settings that allows its users to control the airflow in varying speeds. The first level or speed number 1 is extremely quiet so it’s a highly recommended speed during the nights especially for light sleepers. The last level or speed number 4 on the other hand was made for intense purification performance.
- Room coverage of up to 835 sq. ft. and CADR Rating: Smoke (164), Dust (181), and Pollen (190)
- Light weight (10 pounds) and handle at the back makes it extremely portable and easy to move
- Easy filter maintenance and simple to set-up
- The unit’s slim style allows for convenient placement
- Highly Efficient 4-stage filter system and ambient mood lighting
- Built-in timer and delayed start feature that allows it to be begin purifying air an hour or two after you fall asleep
- Adjustable air-flow orientation for optimum air circulation and pure air homogeneity
- Some units are known to emit foul odour
- Rowenta PU6010 unit rattles at low settings
- Pre-filter needs constant maintenance (every 2-4 weeks)
Now that Rowenta PU6010’s specs and pro’s & con’s are stated, the question remains whether or not it is the right air purifier for you. In all honesty, Rowenta PU6010 Air Purifier is far from perfect, but this air purifier remains one of the best for a reason. The unique ingenuity behind its 4-stage filter system alone gives it high-marks in terms of cleaning/purifying capabilities. After all, no other air purifier in the market today can top Rowenta’s Nano-Capture Technology. Now in terms of portability and design, this air purifier once again gains high scores. Rowenta PU6010’s overall dimension is very slim, around 29-inches, and it is very light (10lbs) making it the ideal air purifier when cleaning multiple rooms. One can easily carry it from the living room to the bedroom without too much fuss or backbreaking. Another feature that makes it one of the most effective air purifier out there is its adjustable airflow orientation. This product is built for ultimate performance and long-lasting efficiency.
So if you’re one for efficiency, convenience and affordability all balled up into one, Rowenta Air Cleaner PU1060 is highly recommended for you. No more smelly and toxic fumes, no more dusty homes, no more inhaling polluted air and no more stinky cigarette smoke. With this product, you can say “Adios!” to all of these. Breathe pure air for a healthy and enjoyable life with Rowenta PU6010 Intense Pure Air.