Holmes HEPA Type Tower Air Purifier – HAP424-U Review
Holmes HAP424-U HEPA Tower Air Purifier
Air purifiers are an essential part of everyday life for many people. They are particularly popular with people who have allergies, sensitivity to dirt and dust particles, as well as people who live with animals or in an environment that may have routine unpleasant odors that need to be reduced. Air purifiers are designed to filter out airborne particles, including common allergens, and reduce the strength of unpleasant odors.
However, not all purifiers are alike—some air purifiers might not be great at filtering dust particles, or may not quite fit the bill when it comes to removing odors, and so on. Let’s take a closer look at one particular air purifier, the Holmes HAP424-U HEPA Type Tower Air Purifier, to see how it matches up to the competition.
The Holmes HAP 424-U HEPA Tower Air Purifier is an air purifier which is designed to remove up to 99% of the airborne particles in any room up to 168 square feet in size. It can also eliminate unpleasant odors. The Holmes HEPA Type Tower Air Purifier, HAP424-U is approximately 11.1" x8.2" x 28.3”, making it ideal for personal use due to the space-saving design.
Holmes HAP424-U Features
- Three speed and optional electronic ionizer setting
- High quality HEPA filter which removes up to 99% of airborne particles
- Baking soda-enhanced filter which eliminates strong odors
- Microban antimicrobial product protection
- Indicator light that tells you when you need to change the filter
- Room covers up to 180 sq. ft and CADR is 116
- First speed setting is very quiet—in fact you can barely hear it at all, and it still keeps your air purified to a good degree. This speed setting is ideal when you want the air filtered in a room where you’re watching TV, reading, or otherwise doing something
- Exterior and pre-filter are very easy to keep clean, and it barely takes any time at all to clean them
- A space saving design which hardly takes up any floor space at all
- The second and third settings (which are the stronger settings) can get loud—they are much stronger than the first setting and purify the air to a greater extent, but the noise can be annoying if you’re in the room
- Interior takes some time and patience to clean, since it must be completely dry before you put everything back together and use it again
Despite a few minor downsides, the Holmes HPEA Type Tower Air Purifier, HAP424-U is a high quality product. I would definitely recommend the Holmes HEPA Tower Air Purifier, HAP424-U to people who want an air purifier that doesn’t take up much floor space, has multiple speed settings, and does its job well.