Rowenta Air Purifier Reviews: HEPA Filter and Formaldehyde-Free
Rowenta have been released for a number of years now and yet, some people are still complaining about coughing, sneezing, allergy and all sorts of illness related to unclean air inside your homes. So if you're still in doubt of getting yourselves these high quality and in-demand products, check our Rowenta air purifier reviews. This guide is based on the machine's air purifying performance, design and silent operation.
Most of air purifiers out there are only responsible of running basic air purifying tasks like filtering out dust, and human and pet hair. Users can just truly enjoy these tasks when set to lower speed settings because of their tendency to produce noise that can disrupt sleep. But if you want your family to breathe nothing but clean and fresh air even within your home, plus avoid cancer all at the same time, then Rowenta air purifiers is well worth considering.
Rowenta Intense Pure Air has discovered the formaldehyde-killing technology with its innovative patented NanoCaptur filter. Formaldehyde is a cancer-causing agent as identified by the World Health Organization. This is the most dangerous home pollutant that is found in pressed wood materials, perfumed candles, paints, cleaning products or still shampoo. Long term exposure to high concentrations of formaldehyde if not can lead to cancer, but can irritate the eyes, nose and throat and further increase the risk of getting allergies and asthma.
Best Rowenta Air Purifiers
Rowenta PU6020 Intense Pure Air Purifier
The Rowenta PU6020 is a high-performance air purifier with extreme odor eliminating features and 4 dedicated levels of filtration of up to 99.97% of indoor air pollution. This Rowenta air purifier has NanoCaptur filter technology that destroys formaldehyde, which other brands cannot filter.
Rowenta PU6020 Features
- 4 levels of high quality filters, including the pre-filter to remove larger particles like pet and human hair or dust; the active carbon filter to effectively reduce common household odors, cigarette smoke, and chemical pollutants; the true HEPA filter to target 99.97% of particles and impurities (as small as 0.3 microns) that get filtered through this third level like animal allergens, pet dander, pollen, dust-mite debris, and bacteria, viruses, mold spores, and more; and the innovative NanoCaptur filter to specifically destroy the most toxic indoor air pollutant, formaldehyde for the final level of filtration.
- 4 speed settings to adapt the filtration level to your needs, with the fourth speed being the strongest
- Built-in sleep timer and delay start function which can be programmed for up to 8 hours. Automatic set off after an amount of time is also available for set up.
- 3 Smart Modes: manual, night or moon light mode with reduced filtration speed for an ultra-quiet air flow at night, and auto to adjust the filtration speed according to the air quality
- 4 ambient light modes such as light up mode being the brightest and moderate light mode that serves as a night light
- Filter change indicator light to let you know the time to replace the HEPA and active carbon filters
- Air quality indicator light to inform the ongoing air quality status from blue to violet to red
- Silent operation, as silent as a whisper available for the lightest sleeper
- Space coverage of up to 835 sq.ft. and CADR Rated: 164 for Smoke, 181 for Dust, and 190 for Pollen
- The sleek look makes it easy to the eyes even when placed visibly on the wall
- The filters are very easy to maintain, with the pre-filter being the best because it just needs rinsing for dust collection
- It has a filter reset button to restart the replacement timer for the filters
- Energy Star and AHAM rated
- Two of the other fan speeds are not suitable for night use due to noise
- It can get pretty loud on the highest setting
Rowenta PU6010 Intense Pure Air Purifier
The Rowenta PU6010 is a sleek and high-quality air purifier that boasts multiple filters particularly the patented NanoCaptur filter technology which can permanently destroy formaldehyde, a known carcinogen. It is a powerful air purifier with cool features and design that runs very quiet for just about any light sleeper.
Rowenta PU6010 Features
- 4 stages of filtration, using the pre-filter to trap above 10 microns particles such as human and animal hair for the first stage; the active carbon filter to remove powerful odors and harmful toxins for the second stage; the true HEPA filter to capture 99.97% of microscopic airborne allergens including virus, bacteria, mold and more for the third stage; and the unique NanoCaptur filter to reduce formaldehyde levels indoors
- 4 airflow settings to fit your needs, with the first speed being the most quiet and fourth speed for an ultra-high purification performance
- 8-hour built-in sleep timer and delayed start that can be set for up to 8 hours
- Adjustable air outlet grid to secure that the air flow throughout the room is distributed evenly for maximum comfort
- Smart sensor technology to self-detect the ongoing air quality changes in your area
- Filter replacement indicator to let you know when to change the HEPA and active carbon filters
- Quiet operation with only low-volume and barely noticeable sound at each speed while in use
- Ambient blue mood lighting around the air outlet for an attractive night light
- Room coverage of up to 835 square feet and CADR: Smoke (164), Dust (181), and Pollen (190)
- The HEPA filter will have to be replaced every 3 years and the active carbon filter only once a year
- The unit comes with replacement filters for HEPA, active carbon and NanoCaptur filters already
- Energy Star and AHAM certified for energy efficiency
- The filter replacement indicator only provides a general notification. It may require a bit more reading of the manual to understand or remember what the indicator is trying to convey
- This Rowenta air purifier is not cheap
Rowenta PU4020 Intense Pure Air Purifier
If a 29-inch air purifying machine is just slightly displeasing to your eyes, then you will be pleased to know that Rowenta also has a smaller size option that still offers great air purifying solutions even with its 21-inch size. Small but still powerful. It still has the 4 highly efficient filters, complete protection against 99.97% of indoor air pollution and long lasting performance.
Rowenta PU4020 Features
- 4 phases of high performances filtration, with every phase dedicated to a specific kind of pollutant. The pre-filter before the main filters, traps bigger particles and helps increase the life of HEPA filter. The active carbon filter removes odors, smoke, gas and volatile organic compounds. The true HEPA filter captures 99.97% of the finest allergens and pollutants from the air such as PM2.5, bacteria, virus, mold, etc. And the exclusive and patented NanoCaptur filter technology works to permanently destroy formaldehyde and many more micro air particles.
- A dedicated automatic silent night mode for an extreme silent operation during the night long air purification
- Smart pollution sensors self-monitor the air filtration system to automatically adjust the speed of the filtration
- Color coded indicator light to describe the air quality in the room – from blue to violet to red
- Coverage of up to 400 square feet and CADR Rated: 80 for Smoke, 91 for Dust, and 105 for Pollen
- The unit is super easy to assemble, only takes a few minutes
- Lightweight and portable
- Push buttons on control panel are small and may be difficult to activate
Savvy homemakers will instantly recognize the sleek look of the Rowenta range of air purifiers that are always backed by one of the most powerful technology on the market – its proprietary NanoCaptur filter. All these Rowenta Intense Air Purifier feature four levels of reliable filtration – pre-filter, active carbon filter, true HEPA filter and formaldehyde-free filter which is exclusively powered by NanoCaptur technology.
Both models Rowenta Intense Pure Air Purifier PU6010 & PU6020 have the same features and benefits .PU4020's room coverage is only good for up to 400 square feet while both PU6010 and PU6020 can go for up to 835 square feet. There is no denying that Rowenta air purifiers could be on the pricey side, but you get what you pay for. Hence we recommend spending a few extra dollars on a higher-end air purifier that exclusively offers permanently destroying formaldehyde.