Holmes True HEPA 3 Speed Tower Air Purifier – HAP716-U Review
Holmes HAP716-U True HEPA 3 Speed Tower Allergen Remover
How clean is the air you’re currently breathing in, right now? Perhaps you are at home, or at the office. Feels pretty clean, right? When in actual fact, you may be shocked at what nasties are lurking in your air supply, particularly if you have central air conditioning, a humid or damp atmosphere, or anything else that can harbour the growth of mould spores and germs. People who have allergies to dust, pet dander, mould or any other airborne particulate may find great benefit for using an air purifier or allergen remover like the Holmes HAP716-U Air Purifier.
The Holmes HAP716-U, True HEPA 3 Speed Tower Allergen Remover works by sucking air in from your room using an intake grill, where it then passes through filters which remove dust, mould spores, smoke, and other contaminants from the air. Once the air has passed through the filters, it is then blown by a fan back into the room.
Some units have an ionizer which releases negatively charged ions, which can help purify the air more by making the tiny particles of impurities clump together, so that they can be caught more easily by the filters. As well as cleaning your air of allergens, this unit also will make your rooms feel more airy and fresh, and can remove any unpleasant smells.
Holmes HAP716-U Features
- 3 speed settings; optional ionizer; washable pre-filter; filter-life monitor
- True HEPA filter removes up to 99.97-percent of airborne allergens
- Tower allergen remover air purifier for rooms up to 150 square feet
- Traps dust, pollen, mould spores, pet dander, and smoke. CADR 100
- Measures approximately 11 by 8-1/5 by 28-2/7 inches
- Slim tower design and optional ionizer
- Washable pre-filter does not need replacing
- Quiet fans suitable for use in bedrooms while sleeping
- Easy to set up
- Uses True HEPA (High-efficiency particulate arrestance) filter ideal for people with allergies
- Unclear how often you need to replace the filters - replies vary from one month to one year
- Only available in white – kind of ‘medical’ looking and might clash with home décor
- The HEPA filters can be expensive and fiddly to replace
If you are looking for an air purifier to help ease the symptoms of allergies caused by airborne particles, or you find that the air in your home or workplace is dusty, stuffy and just plain unpleasant to breathe in, you will find great success with the Holmes HAP716-U Air Purifier. Unlike other air purifying units, the fans are quiet, and ideal for use during quiet time or sleep. You can also choose from different speeds to suit your needs, and another big bonus is that the pre-filter can be cleaned with either a vacuum or by handwashing, saving you from having to buy two sets of filters. While it is not stated how often you need to replace the HEPA filter, it will vary depending on your environment – keeping it in smoke-free home away from pets will ensure it will last you a long time.